Apr 14, 2007

'The Rules of Life' - Rule 85

Rule 85




'The Rules of Life' - Richard Templar, isn't a book which i read front to back. Its one of those that I keep on my bedside table (the floor) and read before I go to sleep or take a nap. He has a few other books Rules of Management & Rules of Work . 

For the longest time was eyeing this book...would go to borders and read a few rules. SOMETIMES I would practice multiple rules from the book.....there are days when I don't practice it at all....

Why do I love his writing? Its simple....nothing complex in alien language. His rules aren't pure genius....that's cause the 100 rules in his book are not original....in one form or another I have heard them from someone or some other books. 

His simple language and a collection of 100 rules and how he elaborates on them...that's what I like. Reading his 'stuff' I don't feel like throwing myself off of a bridge or sitting at home analyzing and dissecting his mind f*%king work (like A road less travelled).....how can I put this.....reading his 'stuff' leaves me content...motivated in some way....






Rule 85 - Hang out with positive people



Got me thinking....everyone that I hang with are they positive....or maybe they were 'ok' and I didn't like myself around them. In my life I go through these phases.....where I take out the trash. Few years ago, with my unpredictable temperament, my loud mouth ways and in 'yo face' bluntness, my life o' meter...was very up down extreme...i was the minority of such an extreme way to communicate while my friends were on the 'safe mode of communication'....me and my friends were talking in different languages each so rightious and stubborn...meeting in the middle was rare...

so this brought up alot of frustration, angst, anger and unresolved issues.....so i did some 'spring cleaning' and hung out with other people.

Got me wondering.....these people that I disconnected myself with 'spring cleaning' - were they not positive? Or was I just such a controlling, demanding, self rightious bitch that was just never satisfied with anything? Both are true...

They were great people....and I made that conscious choice to part ways....It wasn't about positivity - it was about the bubble they lived in...their controlled life living the fake image...the lack of authenticity....all these characteristics which i didn't see a positive influence in my life. Though I was such a preacher of being real and supported "individual-ism"...i realized being with these people was going against what I believed in. I was becomming one of them...where we were viewed as a whole rather than groups of individuals. With a big slap on my face I then realized...shit...i'm morphing into a person which i dispised being.....thinking I was being real...i was being real fake in the end....


So hence the spring cleaning......which was so liberating. I was more than happy to relinquish the title I was holding to finally had space to breathe. In my heart I wished them the best and said you leave me alone I leave you alone.

*The following is all purely based on my experiences and myfirst hand JUDGEMENTS of what I see, hear, do, feel and experience*

How many people that I encounter living in KL really do surround themselves with positive people. Constantly I see the 'fabucci' (fabulous gucci) girls (i only use the label ladies and women for dignified females with brains)....with their little possee.....these chicks cant survive alone.....God Forbid they go shopping or to any social event alone! These chicks are always in flocks....with their click clack heels and all accesorized......at one point in my life I wanted to be one of them....then I faced reality....I can't walk in heels. Now...what positivity do these not-authentic-image-driven-chickies give each other.....

a safe zone, where they will be accepted as the queen bees of the 'social society' (each other) - a safe zone where they will be accepted amongst their 'peers ......so there is positivity...she gets what she wants obviously to be part of a group where she is accepted...they feel safe in their little bubble world with the safe friends....it brings her comfort.

..at a very huge price of course....we all know the prices..the usual must keep up with the latest trends, constantly seeking approval and always caring about what is preceived of them....etc etc etc......This breed of fabucci...is quite abundant in kl....can always be seen in the VIP line or as an accesory to some blue blood aristobrats' kid...now this is another judgement that I am going to share....8 out of 10 times in my encounters..these chicks are the most promiscuous and the most messed up in the head suffering from some kind of self worth issues hence the promiscuity....easy / free sex does not get you that man who will guide and protect and love you!

*judgements / venting / bitching session over*

In the book Emotional Intelligence - I recently read that emotions are contagious (like yawning) and that subconsciously we will absorb 'whatever' energy that is around us...

Quite true.....back when 'before' (there are 2 phases in my life, before 'the bitchy side controlled me'...and after 'i control the bitchy side')...if i was in a real pissy mood at someone or something.....i made sure the whole world was in a pissy mood too...and alot of people did absorb my neagitivity...It didn't help the fact that I had such a domneering personality. And if I was in love or happy or intoxicated....people liked to be around me cause i was chirpy and I saw the world like a bed of roses .........and people liked me alot more then cause they didn't have to be overly cautious around me

So really....these people I mentioned earlier, the ones I got rid of during my 'spring cleaning' session. Was it I breaking away from them to seek positive people to surround myself with or was it me the negative one that saw how i brought these people and myself down being with them so i just walked away?

I think it was both. I didn't like them or / and how i was negative around them and i didn't like myself around them....so I cleaned them out. They are not bad / shallow peolpe.....they are just simply put...people....
'these particualar people' + me = not a good combination
so maybe it wasn't that they were negative......maybe it was the fact i had negative judgements so my views about them was always filtered through that...so everything from that relationship was always shit.

I was (WAS being a very important key word right now) one of the bad apples that small little cancerous negativity....not being happy with the situation 'i did what i had to do'...and found me a few random positive authentic people to all alot of sugar, spice, simplicity and excitement' into my life. After so many 'trials and errors'....personally when
they're not authentic.....they're not positive.



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails