Dec 28, 2009

A Decade, 1999 - 2009

Its been ten years since I've moved back home to Kuala Lumpur.


Its been surreal. A total blur at times. COnsidering before that I have never stayed at one place longer than 2.5 years.


Graduated from high school in Lima, Peru and came 'back' in 1999. 10 years....*takes a deep breath*


When i was 18, my story was...I spent my whole life overseas


Now i'm 28, my story is...i've been back for 10 years....


And when I'm 36.....I've spent 1/2 or my life overseas.


And God willing when i'm 54...i've spent most of my life in KL (assuming i don't move again)




The whole age thing has really gotten to me. I had to force myself to sit down and honestly ask why...and i realized. I feel i have not accomplished anything that I am proud of. I have been involved with amazing projects, but i feel inadequate at times when it comes to my accomplishment.


Someone close to me said, i feel this way cause i keep comparing my carrer with other people my age ...and they are way up there. He posed a different perspective.


I may not have the office or the PA or the huge salary...but I have passion for family, for my creativity. **I let this digest for a few days** My response


He has a point.....but...... or
He has a point.


I have accomplished and experienced so much however i know there is alot more in me. Im like the mercedes benz driving around in singapore....it can go super fast....but the merc can only explore 1/3 of its speed potential cause there is a speed limit. So its such a waste....its not allowed to fully go at high speed which is what the car is more than capable of doing.

(at this point some of you are reacting huh...? You comparing your self to a mercedes.?!?! )


I don't know if my analogy is good or not...I need a space where i can vroom vrooom vroommmmmmm and ride off at high speeds. Like P.Coelho said...


Pitiful is the person who is afraid of taking risks.
Perhaps this person will never be disappointed or disillusioned;
perhaps she won't suffer the way people do when they have a dream to follow.
But when the person looks back-she will hear her heart”


Here is to a decade!! Celebrate, learn, move on. New moment.


K.L.,......K.L.....10 years....at times you have been great to me...at times you are just an ass. Regardless of the stress you have given me....I still love you (as long as you feed me great food...and you just tone it down with your traffic jams and road rage)


I started this blog...with the pure intention to write and share. I have gotten feedback which has motivated me to keep on writing. Which has led to 3 blogs and 2 twitter account and God knows how many email accounts..(Gotta love the internet!!!) I fell in love with writing/sharing/rambling/etcetcetc...Feel free to leave a comment or drop me an email :D



Happy Holidays & Happy new year....much love, adventure and a whole lot of great food
Welcome 2010...what will i make of you?!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails