Sep 15, 2007

quality vs. quantity - stop and smell the roses



After 12 days working my booty off in Sandakan was ready to just cancel my trip to Kota Kinabalu to I can come back to the peninsular, Kuala Lumpur and just sleep and rest in the comfort of my own home.

After an acquaintance convinced me to stay in KK, I stayed.

I loved my trip, love the city and
the people

The unexpected highlight of my trip.
Falling in love with the people there. Its the people that make a place special...the ambience, the vibes people give out in a place that makes it cozy or relaxing. I loved that few days cause the people were so 'chilled out'.

I'm WAS one of those that went on vacation and was so obsessed over documenting it, with at least 3 cameras sometimes 5, a digital, my B&W SLR, and the few lomos. I was so tired from walking around in the market in KK town that i decided to just go to the back and just park my ass there.
Then IT hit me.....*this is there that light bulb above my head suddenly lights up* It was such a great somewhat liberating feeling. I was always so caught up with taking pictures to capture the so called 'moment'...however I was never 'in the moment'. I was the type that hardly stopped and smelled the 'roses' when on vacation. The last time was my trip to Bali with the parentals.



I enjoyed just sitting there taking pictures with only my phone camera....of random kids and people and I thought to myself...how long has it been that i truly was relaxed on vacation and just chilled and soaked everything in?.....the answer to that was HARDLY EVER ...its been too long....was very happy my friend convinced me to stay

*thinking*


So what can i get out of this trip and apply it to my life. I realize that its not the amount of
relationships (be it with God, family, friends, the universe, nature etc) but the quality of it. Which got me thinking....how much time and effort do i really invest in my relationships so that its an amazing, positive fun one?


Yes yes...I've heard the quotation an million and 1 times
"quality not quantity".....now that i have experienced it....i get it. With my hectic life of 18 years, moving around the world, with so many experiences....what is it that i crave and look for? (I ask this way to intense question to myself all the time)




Though my thoughts are complex...I crave for the simplicity in life (and the way i live my life) and the simplicity in
my relationships with God, the universe, nature, my nation, the world, con mi familia y mis amigos....and most importantly with myself.





No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails