Jun 22, 2009

L O V E without condition - hugs

Last December I was in Melbourne.  Almost every moment possible was spent site seeing. Near a train station was this young lady with a poster 'free hugs'.  Just like the rest of the crowd, like a tourist I stood and stare and thought why would she?...

...She's so brave...

...A great idea...

...I want a hug...

...I'll give her a hug...

...She's spreading love...

...Random acts of love...

I went up to her and just gave her a hug and *after all I was a tourist* took a picture with her.

I walked away happy....never wanting to ask her why.  
Why was not important, but what was... is L O V E without condition

** make me wonder...when was the last time i didn't think...just gave love unconditionally to a 'stranger'?
that's the thing.  i think...that's why it stops me from showing kindness at times.  i care about how i would look and how i would be perceived.  don't ask for it, just give.  don't wait just give.  As weird and 'hippy ish' she looked at that street corner, I felt good after that.  That buzz that made me feel like skipping along to me next tourist attraction.

When was the last time you gave love for no reason but to just spread love?


Entry related to a previous post - 'Random acts of love.

2 comments:

mel*r said...

http://www.freehugscampaign.org/ she may have been part of this campaign

googirldress said...

tearing while reading this... I don't know is bcos of touching by the unconditional love, or feeling sad that I haven't given hugs to the ppl surrounding me for long

fioncats

Related Posts with Thumbnails