Aug 18, 2009

obsession consumes me


Some women its shoes, handbags.  For others its gadgets or big boys toys.  For me its sunglasses (specks), bags, really soft rubber flip flops and cameras.  

Cameras the most expensive obsession on my list.  I think I have too much of them.  I have my cameras- lomos- and other little camera-like devices.  At times they can be such a crutch.  
I see a grat photo opportunity - take out the dslr, take a few pictures, change lens, take out mini lomo take picture.....or take out hp take picture.  

It gets to a point where i have to tell myself...its not about capturing the experiences but just simply - be in the experience.  There are a few vacations where i was more concerned about capturing the moment I came back home with my soul feeling empty cause i gained nothing out of the holiday.

I think the nest holiday or any outing. I must commit to one camera - and make the best out of it.  And constantly remind myself - just experience.  And allocate a whole day of photo taking and enjoy the rest of the trip.  

6 cameras including lomos, 4 lenses, 2 flash and my mobile camera.  Its time to stop the crazy obsession.  Its getting too expensive.  Todays mantra - "I am not my cameras".  


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails